Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lent

So today, as far as I know is the beginning of lent. I could be wrong because nobody has said anything about it today, but last time I checked it started today. I never really taken lent seriously before, other than maybe the time I gave up myspace, but who gets on myspace anymore anyway? I have thought a lot about lent this year though and I think it is something that I want to do. I have thought about what I want to give up and the possibilities are facebook, stumble upon, text messaging, or carbonated drinks, or maybe just caffeine in general. I know that if I decide I will be a day behind, but I think it will count for something if I show 39 days of devotion to Jesus too. I know that lent can be taken different ways and all, but in my life I think it can be useful. I hope it will be.

1 comment:

Jonathan Platter said...

This is very nice.

Ash Wednesday is next Wednesday though . . . so you've still got a week to decide what you are going to fast.

:)