Saturday, December 15, 2007

Writer's Cramp

So I wrote this down a while ago but since we just started this blog I'll put it up now.



Written 8/9/07



So I went to Ruidoso this weekend. i love it up there. The trees and the mountains are so great. It's so much more natural than anything in Albuquerque and yet it is still not quite the same way God originally created it. There are highways and civic centers and gas stations that dot the landscape too. I've never been anywhere not touched or altered in some way by man. I think our sinful nature shows through in the things we create. They may seem great when we first get them or make them, a new ipod, a cool car, a CD, but they lose their excitement very easily. God's creations on the other hand are new every morning, continually renewed, like mountains covered in pine trees, or the tide coming in as the sun sets over the water, or a relationship, or a good laugh. God is so much more creative than us, and it shows.

so I stopped there cause my hand got tired of writing it in my notebook. There is much more that can be said about this, however, now my hands are tired of typing.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

"I think our sinful nature shows through in the things we create."

I think this is very profound Korey! I mean just think about paintings. almost every painting I have ever seen that i have felt moved by or just thought was beautiful, was a copy of something God made. Mountains, valleys, animals, rivers, animals, etc. Even if its a beautiful painting it still doesn't match that breathtaking beauty of the really place, or thing. I think this is a very interesting point you have brought up! i wish you wouldn't have gotten writer's cramp!